NB Talks

Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Latest ESL Teacher Jobs in Korea and ESL Scams And Rip Offs

Around 8 to 9 months back, when I was a fresh Graduate in Bachelors Degree English I thought I will take up a job of an ESL teacher or in other words English as a Second Language teaching job somewhere in Japan or Korea. However things changed I didn’t pursue my ESL teaching ideas and went ahead with blogging actively. The primary reason I didn’t pursue English as Second Language teaching was because I read at many sites about ESL scams and rip-offs. Although there has been many good teaching experience reports as well from present working ESL teachers. However, I got scared and dropped the entire idea. Now here is a new site Restohof.com which focuses on ESL teaching jobs in Korea and the various ESL scam reports. The site lists the freshest ESL teaching job vacancies in Korea for ESL teachers with active positive and negative polling for the listed job by other internet surfers. The positive votes are “go aheads” and the negative votes are “grudges”. It also lists the most “go aheads” jobs and the most “grudged” jobs separately. Restohof also has an active blog for more information for interested ESL teachers. If you are planning ESL teaching career in Korea definitely check out Restohof.com.


1 Comments:

At 8:10 PM, Blogger Kamakura Kid said...

Good warning to those venturing into the ESL waters anywhere in the world. After eight years teaching in Japan, I can say there are good and bad schools. Websites exposing both are welcome, I wish they had been around in 1997....saved me some aggro.

Ask around, do not take a job because it is offered. Check the reputation of the school, Google the hell out of it and do it all again. Use common sense, facts and a gut feeling. To good to be true, run like a demon. I did look around in Taiwan after JApan, thinking a year there would be interesting. I found nothing but scams and pushy agents at each turn. This was my experience, I left as it was a less desired result.

Seek a school offering a health plan as these expenses really add up, seek a proper school with near universal positive experiences. Save your money, learn the language and let the good times roll.

Get Googling,
Steve

www.eslspider.com
www.healthyexpat.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home